To setup a USB printer to work with Krossroads POS, you will need the following:
- Your Android Smartphone or Tablet (with OTG support) with the Krossroads POS app installed.
- USB printer (see list of Supported Printers)
- USB OTG adapter or cable
- USB Hub if you want to connect several printers (optional)
USB Receipt Printer setup
- Connect your USB receipt printer to a power source.
- Using a USB OTG (On-The-Go) adapter, connect the USB printer to your Android device. NB: If you want to connect more than one printer, connect them via a USB Hub. The USB Hub then connects to your mobile device through a USB OTG adapter or a cable.
- Once the printer has been connected to the Android device via the USB OTG cable, a prompt will appear on the Android device asking you to allow Krossroads POS to access the USB Printer. Select OK to proceed.
4. Within the Krossroads App, navigate to Settings > Printers and select the Create Printer Station button.
5. Select the Tap to Select Printer option.
6. From the list of connected printers, select the one you would like to use.
7. Select the Print Test button to confirm that Krossroads POS is able to print to the printer.
8. Navigate to the previous screen and select the Save option. Before saving, you can also customize the name of the Printer station.
If the Print Receipt Automatically option is selected, then a receipt will be printed automatically at the end of each transaction.
Similarly if the Open Cash Drawer Automatically option is selected, then the cash drawer will be opened automatically when the receipt is printed (only applies if a Cash Drawer is connected to the receipt printer).
After having configured a printer, you can then proceed to print receipts for completed transactions.