During the checkout process, you can add Catalog Items to the Cart and you can also add ad-hoc Custom Amounts to the Cart. Using Custom Amounts allows you to specify any numeric amount without having to first create a Catalog Item.
Once a Custom Amount is added to the Cart, it is treated like any other cart item i.e.
- Discounts applied to the cart will also be applied to the Custom Amount
- You can increase and decrease the quantity of the Custom Amount.
- You can customize the Custom Amount and indicate taxes and discounts that will apply to the individual Custom Amount
- You can assign a Note to a Custom Amount
Note however that Custom Amounts cannot be associated with Modifiers. Modifiers can only be applied to Catalog Items.
To add a custom amount:
1. Navigate to the Checkout screen
2. On the Top Navigation bar, tap on Keypad button
3. When the numeric keypad appears, proceed to type in a custom amount
4. Tap the [+] key to add the custom amount to the cart. If you need to add multiple Custom Amounts, you can type each, followed by the [+] key.
5. After you have entered all the desired Custom Amounts, you can swipe down on the Keypad to dismiss it or tap the [X] close button on the top left of the keypad.
After adding a Custom Amount to the cart, see how to View and Modify a Custom Cart Amount.