You can quickly add or update customers records by importing data using a CSV (Comma Separated Values) file.
To perform the import process, first login to the Web Dashboard using the same credentials you use to access the mobile app.
You will first need to create a CSV file containing the customer records you want to import or update. Click here to download a template CSV file that contains the expected headers and some sample rows. The requirements for the CSV file are as follows:
- The first row in the file, known as the header row, has to include the names of the columns/fields being imported. See below for the list of expected columns/fields.
- The values for each record should be comma separated. If a value itself contains a comma or other special characters, then the value should be enclosed in quotation marks (e.g. "123 Street A, Suite# 101")
The following is the list of expected fields/columns:
- birthday ( In ISO 8601 Format e.g 1986-10-25)
The columns do not have to appear in any particular order, however, for every customer record, a value must be provided for at least one of the following columns:
Both the email and phone fields are considered as identifier fields. As such, if the email or phone value matches the email or phone of an existing customer record, then the values specified in the import will be used to update the existing customer record rather than create a new record. You can therefore use the import process to quickly update multiple customer records.
- Login to the Web Dashboard
- Click on the Customers option in the navigation menu on the left of the screen
- At the bottom right of the Customers tab, click on the Import Customers button
- When the upload form appears, locate and upload the CSV file containing the customer records.
- After the import process completes, a message will be displayed showing the number of records that were imported, as well as the number of any records that failed to import.
- Refresh the Customers grid to see the imported records.